Musem is situated in a former franciscan monastery (its church still belongs to the church, but may be accessible).
We do not have english texts in expositions, but there is the audioguide for the same use.
We accept only czech crowns (but there are banks and exchangers in the town).
Long term exhibitions
- history of the Tachov district since primeval to the end of WWII
- history of local jews and jewish monumens of this area
- the local etnography, rural and municipal
- the art and others examples of our collection
- the nature, fauna and flora of the Bohemian forest and its foothills
Short term exhibitions
We have a new exhibition every month. Historical, artificial, natural or photografic
- life - size sculptural group of the Last Supper
- Gothic collection of sculptures
- functioning musical instrument called harmonium
- wide-ranged Bethlehem from Planer surround (access only on request)
- the natural vivarium with living plants and animals (f. e. Kunka frog)
- Mo, Tu, Thu, Fr 9 am - 4 pm, We 9 am to 5 pm
- On summer holidays (1.7. - 31.8.): Mo - Fr 9 am - 5 pm, Sa, Su 10 am - 4 pm